When Do You Know It’s Time for Couples Counseling
Long Beach Couples Counseling provided by the Sano Center serves all types of intimate relationships, regardless of sexual orientation or marital status. The therapists at Sano Center specialize in couples counseling, working with couples to help them face their challenges and heal from past relational trauma.
But, when do you know it’s time for couples counseling? Let the experts at Sano Center help you decide.
Signs It Might Be Time for Couples Counseling
While those actively involved in the relationship will know best, sometimes it can be challenging to identify when to look into counseling. That’s why the experts at Sano Center want to help. Here are some of the top signs it might be time to consider couples counseling.
- You’re focusing more on the negative than the positive
- You have ideological differences
- You’re having trouble communicating with your partner
- The “honeymoon phase” or your relationship has ended
- You feel you are growing apart
- You’re thinking about getting married
- It seems like counseling might be a good idea
- You’re no longer having sex
- You never have fights
- You can’t stop fighting
- You feel like your individual and collective growth is stunted
- Everything your partner is doing annoys you
- You’re constantly stuck on the same issue
- You feel like your partner isn’t listening to you
Couples Counseling Approaches
To help couples achieve their goals, Sano Center uses the Prost Progressive therapeutic modalities. Some of the couples counseling approaches include:
- Solution-focused therapy
- Imago therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Emotionally-focused couples therapy
- The Gottman Method
- And more
Sano Center’s therapists offer a welcoming environment where you can more easily open up and find the success you strive for. It is often vulnerable to express your relational concerns to others, and many times couples become stuck along the way and feel lonely even in their relationship.
Contact Us Today
Healing is not a linear journey. Sometimes it can feel like a labyrinth that never ends. At Sano, we are here to walk the healing path with you, navigating all that life throws at us as a guide who cares. We will meet you where you are with acceptance, not judgment, and see you through until your time in therapy comes to an end.
If you are seeking couples counseling, Sano Counseling Center may help. Please, reach out and schedule a consultation today! Call, email, or go online to contact us today to see how we can help you embark on a journey towards self-discovery and growth.